Wednesday 22 February 2023

NICK DRAKE - THE LIFE

My biography of Nick Drake is to be published by John Murray on June 8th this year. 

It has been a three-year undertaking, in the course of which I have researched Nick's life as thoroughly as I was able, sifting through innumerable documents and speaking to everyone I'm aware of who knew him. I have worked closely with his sister and estate, but with no element of censorship.

Having finished the book, I have been asked whether I am now sick of him - and the answer is a sincere 'no'. Learning more about Nick has only increased my admiration for his talent and sorrow at his early deathI was lucky enough to have first heard his music as an early teenager, and immersing myself in his world now has only deepened my wonderment at what he left behind.

I very much hope that you will have the same response if you read the book.

No comments:

Post a Comment